Embrace the future of driving and discover a cheaper, greener way to get around
Alpha Heating (Chesterfield) Ltd is an electric vehicle home charge scheme and workplace scheme authorised installer.
OLEV grants are currently available under the homecharge scheme to subsidise up to 75% of the total cost of installation up to a
maximum of £500 inc vat (subject to eligibility), leaving you to pay from as little as £149 inc vat for the standard installation of a 16Amp
(3.6 K.W) or 32Amp (7.2 K.W) socketed charge point .
- 16Amp (3.6KW) socketed charge point (EVWP2016/OLEV) from £395 (inc vat)* (Tethered lead version available from £425 inc vat)
- 32Amp (7.2KW) socketed charge point (EVWP2026/OLEV) from £395 (inc vat)* (Tethered lead version available from £425 inc vat)
- Built in RCBO (overload and fault protection)
- Built in IEC 61851-1 communication unit
- Built in electrical contactor
- LED status indicator
- Full standard installation
- 3 year warranty including parts and labour
What is a standard installation?
- The chosen wallpod point
- A maximum run of 10 metres from the source of supply (consumer unit) to the charge point location (not including external containment or steel wire armour)
- The property's consumer unit must be RCD protected and have a spare way for protecting the outgoing charge point
- Cable surface mounted and clipped direct
- No ground works
- The property must have an earthing arrangement complying with current regulations
- The chargepoint must be fixed to the main property and able to utilise the properties earthing arrangement
- The property is within 75 miles (150 miles round trip) of an approved installer or their satellite installer
- The homeowner must comply with all current OLEV Domestic homecharge scheme terms and conditions (see OLEV website).
What potential additional costs are there?
- Cable runs exceeding 10 meters (chargeable per meter thereafter)
- The necessity to install a mini consumer unit complete with overload and fault current protection due to:
A) The property's consumer unit having insufficient capacity/protection for the charge point circuit
B) the homeowner wishing to have an independent charge point circuit protection from the house consumer unit.
- Any additional mechanical protection required for the cabling, ie trunking, conduit etc.
- Any cable chasing requested by the homeowner
- Any ground works requested by the homeowner
- The necessity to introduce an alternative earthing system, ie an electrode/inspection Chamber
- The property being further away than 75 miles (150 mile round trip) from an approved installer or their satellite installer's base.
- Any additional or unusual works requested by the homeowner in order for the install to take place, ie gas and water pipe bonding,
equipment clearing, plumbing work, etc.
Five easy steps from enquiry to installation:
1. Check your availability for the grant and full details of the scheme at: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/564537/evhs-guidance-for-customers-v-2.1.pdf
2. Contact us on 01246 558723 or via our website to arrange a free no obligation survey
3. Receive our quotation
4. Place your order and our electrician will install your homecharge unit within 3 weeks
5. We will claim your grant for you and invoice you for your contribution
Looking for a workplace installation – we can do that too! Contact us for a free no obligation survey and quotation